With just a few days to go before the silly season gets into full swing, we thought we’d take a slightly more light-hearted approach to plumbing with ten trivial plumbing facts that are more than a little bit tongue in cheek.
- During their lifetime, the average person will spend three years of their life sitting on a toilet.
- Over 10 years, a dual flush toilet will cost around $250 in water use, whilst a single flush will cost around $760.
- There is a one in 10,000 change that during your lifetime, you will be injured y a toilet.
- Australians rate plumbers as the fifth more desirable profession to go on a date with, according to career networking site Linkme.
- In the United States, a study to find out whether people preferred a toilet roll to sit on the holder with the flap coming from behind or in front was funded with $100,000 USD. It found that 3 in 4 people preferred the flap to be in front.
- The world’s most famous plumber is Nintendo’s Mario of SuperMario fame. The second most famous is his green clad brother, Luigi.
- The ancient Romans called the bathroom the necissarium, the ancient Egyptians called it the house of horror and in France, it is sometimes called ‘le chambre sent’ which means the smelly house.
- Einstein Once said that if he had to live his life all over again, he would be a plumber. As a result, he was made an honorary member of the Plumbers and Steamfitters Union.
- In Japan, some urinals have voice activated flushing systems and can respond to several vocal commands including ‘fire!’.
- A lot of famous people have died in toilets. Elvis Presley is the most famous example often trotted out but other noteworthy bathroom deaths include film legend Judy Garland, comedian Lenny Bruce, Don Simpson, the producer of blockbusters like Beverly Hills Cop and Top Gun, and King George II of England.
JPG Plumbing work extensively throughout Melbourne’s southeast suburbs so whether you need a toilet repaired in Berwick of a blocked drain fixed in Kew, we’ll be there to help you. To learn more about our capabilities, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by calling 0400 978 442.